What did we hear?
What do people think about hospitals in Lancashire and South Cumbria?
Patient representatives, staff and other stakeholders took part in two formal programme workshops in January and February 2021 to share their views about what is needed to improve hospital facilities in Lancashire and South Cumbria.
During these conversations, we heard the importance of:
- Considering those likely to be most impacted by changes to hospital services, including people with health inequalities, such as long-term conditions
- Maintaining and improving research and innovation opportunities
- Addressing long waiting lists and limited accessibility to services faced by patients, particularly from remote locations
- Improving high energy estate costs
- Creating a sustainable system.