Case for Change
Section 3: Our objectives
The New Hospitals Programme is underpinned by the objectives outlined below:
- Provide patients with high-quality, next generation acute hospital facilities that will improve health outcomes across our population.
- Design new hospital buildings and facilities that can meet demand and are flexible and sustainable.
- Reduce health inequalities and be ready to meet the health needs of the people of Lancashire and South Cumbria – both now and in the future.
- Improve service delivery and provide access to cutting edge hospital technologies and deliver the best possible quality of care.
- Increase resource capacity and effectiveness, working collaboratively to increase integration in service delivery.
- To have a positive impact on our local area, bringing jobs, skills and contracts to Lancashire and South Cumbria’s businesses and residents.
Our Case for Change sets out why investment in new hospital infrastructure to replace Royal Preston Hospital and Royal Lancaster Infirmary is the number one strategic priority for our health economy.
We have structured our Case for Change as follows:
Lancashire and South Cumbria – describes how our infrastructure impacts on our ability to provide care for our region, our population and respond to their current and future health needs.
Our hospitals – describes the pivotal role of our hospitals in our community and the condition of our estate.
Our clinical strategy – describes the fitness for purpose of our estate in the context of our ambitions for hospital care and the wider health and care system.
Our workforce – describes the impact our estate has on our workforce supply and experience.
Our digital ambitions – describes role of our infrastructure in fulfilling our digital and sustainability ambitions.
Our use of resources – describes how our infrastructure impacts on our productivity and efficiency.
How you can get involved
To be part of the conversation and to keep up to date on all the latest news and updates, start by registering for our email newsletter today.
Find out more on our Information hub
We have lots more details on the project in our Information hub. Read frequently asked questions, the latest news about the programme and stories from people in the region.