Healthwatch Together launches New Hospitals Programme roadshowsDate posted: 1st November 2021
A series of events in communities across Lancashire and South Cumbria, Healthwatch Together’s roadshows allow local people to find out more about the New Hospitals Programme and have their say.
What is Healthwatch?
Healthwatch is the independent national champion for people who use health and social care services, with particular focus on those who find it hardest to be heard. It finds out what matters to people and makes sure their views shape the support they need. There is a Healthwatch in every area of England. The New Hospitals Programme is working with the Healthwatch teams serving Blackpool, Blackburn and Darwen, Lancashire and South Cumbria. Collectively, the group is known as Healthwatch Together (opens in new window).
What are the Healthwatch Together roadshows?
The events are an opportunity for local people to meet Healthwatch representatives face-to-face to find out more about the New Hospitals Programme, ask questions and put forward their ideas and opinions. One discussion point at each event will be the longlist of possible solutions for hospital facilities in Preston, Lancaster and Barrow-In-Furness. Find out more about our longlist of proposals and understand how we developed our longlist of possible solutions.
Healthwatch Together roadshow schedule
Throughout October and November 2021, Healthwatch Together can be found at the following locations across the region, where COVID-19 guidelines will be strictly adhered to:
- Asda, Clayton Green, Chorley – Thursday 7 October 2021, 11am to 5pm
- Preston Flag Market, Preston (with the HARRI bus) – Saturday 9 October 2021, 11am to 4pm
- Preston Bus Station, Preston – Tuesday 12 October 2021, 11am – 3pm
- Market Square, Lancaster – Wednesday 13 October 2021, 10am to 4pm
- Forum 28, Duke Street, Barrow-in-Furness (opposite the Town Hall) – Monday 18 October 2021, 10am to 3pm
- Chorley Market, Chorley (Indoor Market) – Tuesday 19 October 2021, 9.30am to 4pm
- Preston College, Preston (open to students as part of the Fresher’s Fair) – Wednesday 20 October 2021, 9am to 1pm
- Sainsbury’s, Cable Street, Lancaster (with the HARRI bus) – Thursday 21 October 2021, 10am to 3pm
- Sandgate School car park, Sandylands Road, Kendal, LA9 6JG (with the HARRI bus) – Saturday 23 October 2021, 10am to 12pm
- Bus stop, opposite 20 Echo Barn Hill, Kendal, LA9 5NA (with the HARRI bus) – Saturday 23 October 2021, 1pm to 3pm
- Leyland Tesco, Towngate, Leyland, PR25 2FN – Tuesday 2 November 2021, 10am to 3.30pm
- Kendal Town Centre, ‘Birdcage’ adjacent to Market, Finkle Street, Kendal, LA9 4AB – Wednesday 3 November 2021, 10 to 3pm
- Gujarat Hindu Society and Community Centre, South Meadow Lane, Preston, PR1 8JN – Thursday 4 November 2021, 6 to 8.30pm
- Ulverston Indoor Market, New Market Street, Ulverston, LA12 7LJ – Monday 8 November 2021, 10am to 3pm
- Chorley Tesco, Ackhurst Industrial Park, Foxhole Road, PR7 1NW – Thursday 11 November 2021, 4pm to 7pm
- Lancaster Market, Market Square, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1 1HT – Saturday 13 November 2021, 10am to 3.30pm
Please check back on this page for the latest schedule of events – we will keep this page updated as new dates are added.
About the HARRI bus
HARRI (Health Advice Recovery Resilience Information) is the health engagement vehicle for Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust (opens in new window). With it they are able to travel across Lancashire and South Cumbria to talk with local communities and individuals. On board there is a mixed group from within the NHS and beyond, which enables them to offer you a wide range of information on many aspects of the issues you may be facing, such as: job advice, quitting smoking, living with diabetes and much more.
How else can local people have their say about the New Hospitals Programme?
The Healthwatch Together roadshows are just one way that local people can get involved with the New Hospitals Programme. There are a series of online surveys, workshops, focus groups and other opportunities for people across the region. Find out more and get involved.